5 tips to keep your gut microbiome healthy | UCLA Health Newsroom
5 Foods for Optimal Health
1. Protect your skin with a cup of strawberries.Just one cup provides 160 percent of the RDA (recommended daily allowance) for vitamin C—a necessary element to make collagen, which gives your skin its firmness and elasticity. Vitamin C also prevents premature aging by decreasing free radicals and lessening the effects of sun, stress and the elements. Eat a cup per day to keep skin looking younger for longer.
2. Reduce muscle pain with cherries (or pure cherry juice).Ellagic acid, a substance found in cherries, works as a very powerful anti-inflammatory for those suffering from muscle soreness. Just one cup of cherries or pure cherry juice is usually enough to get relief.
3. Improve vision with spinach.Although most people immediately think of carrots for healthy vision, a cup of spinach actually has a higher amount of beta-carotene. This compound converts into cornea-protecting vitamin A once in your body. Aim for three to four servings per week for optimal eye health.
4. Get blood pumping with oats.High in a circulation-boosting amino acid called arginine, a bowl of oatmeal helps increase blood flow to all parts of the body. Better blood flow can result in lower cholesterol as well as an increased libido. Try to eat a cup of oats for breakfast a few times every week.
5. Banish bad breath with cinnamon.This spice—along with other herbs and spices such as basil, wasabi and cilantro—kills bacteria that grow on your tongue and in the back of your mouth, contributing to unpleasant odors. Sprinkle cinnamon onto your yogurt or cereal daily.
Video: Tim Tebow Explains How The Keto Diet Breaks Down Fat
How to Tell if You Have Water Retention
Living With Hepatitis
Amazon Shoppers Are Obsessed With These Life-Changing Organizing Products
7 Stretching Myths You Need To Stop Believing
Mediterranean Penne with Arugula Tomatoes
How to Make Spiced Honey Cake
This Korean Toner Trick Will Give You the Glowing Skin of Your Dreams
44 of The Biggest Summer 2019 Sales for Online Shoppers
The Easiest Way to a Hotter Body
Poster Power Crea il tuo poster mantra coi consigli della guru Teresa Sdralevich
How to Get a Guy to Want to Go Out with You
23 Trendy Rose Gold Hair Color Ideas
What To Do With The Bottom Half